Coalition Offers Online CME Courses to Improve Physician Well-Being
(May 31, 2019) The Ohio Physician Wellness Coalition (OPWC), of which the OOA is a member, launched six videos in its continuing medical education (CME) wellness video series.
The current offering of videos and topics include:
- Balancing it all: A physician’s guide to understanding and managing stress, burnout, and resiliency. Presented by Nelson H. Heise, MS, Clinical Director, Ohio Physicians Health Program
- Mental health issues in medical students and residents. Presented by Alan B. Levy, MD, psychiatrist at OhioHealth and Past President of Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association
- Isolation and socialization in medical professionals. Presented by William Resch, DO, psychiatrist at Ohio Health, and President of Ohio Psychiatric Physicians Association.
- The science and art of gratitude. Presented by Christina M. Delos Reyes, MD, addiction psychiatrist, University Hospitals Cleveland, and chair of Ohio Physicians Health Program
- Meditation and mindfulness for emotional well-being. Presented by Nelson H. Heise, MS, Clinical Director, Ohio Physicians Health Program
- Mental wellness for the attending physician. Presented by Sallie Wilson Luther, DO, anesthesiologist, and Founding Member of Suicide Awareness and Voices for Education (SAVE) US Dayton.
These six videos are available for free on the OPWC website. Credit is available through OSMA and the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME). The estimated time of completion is 1.0 hour for each module.
Funding for these courses has been made possible through the generous support of the Academy of Medicine Education Foundation and Ohio Hospital Association. Staff at the Ohio Physicians Health Program have been instrumental in coordinating these courses and making them available online for physicians.