Representing Ohio's Osteopathic Family Physicians
Ohio ACOFP is affiliated with the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and Ohio Osteopathic Association. The Ohio ACOFP also works closely with the Student Association American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians and provides an annual grant to support the chapter.
Ohio ACOFP is a partner with the Ohio Department of Health's Patient Centered Primary Care Collaborative and the Ohio Coalition of Primary Care Physicians.
The organization is lead by an elected Board of Governors consisting of president, president-elect, secretary, treasurer, immediate past president, and five or more governors.
WHAT IS AN OSTEOPATHIC PHYSICIAN
Listen to how former Ohio ACOFP President William J. Burke, DO, FACOFP, and other osteopathic physicians at Doctors Hospital in Columbus, Ohio, explain the osteopathic difference.
To promote and preserve the osteopathic family physician as a professional extension of the family by serving as the primary source of healthcare and health information.
- Advance the standards of osteopathic family physicians by encouraging and improving educational opportunities and training.
- Emphasize the integration of Osteopathic Manipulative Medicine in everyday practice.
- Promote a better public and professional understanding of the diversity of services provided by osteopathic family physicians.
- Maintain the central role of osteopathic family physicians in the healthcare system.
- Strengthen and support the departments of family medicine in Ohio hospitals and healthcare systems.
- Promote and maintain the highest professional, moral, and ethical standards in the practice of osteopathic family medicine: and
- To contribute to the interest of the osteopathic profession by functioning as an affiliated organization of the American Osteopathic Association through the American College of Osteopathic Family Physicians
June 12-13, 2017
Hyatt Regency Columbus
June 19, 2017
53 West Third Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43201